|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: gulfcoastguy||Added: Oct 13, 2011 at 12:34 AM|
It is tasty. I've used it for yoga parties and family gatherings and even the veg heads will bend their rules since it isn't red meat and I can point out that it is loaded with veggies and gluten free. You could even skip the butter or ghee(sub more olive oil) and make it totally dairy free. It is specifically designed to be low allergy, it was concocted for an autistic boy who was celiac and egg allergic. Best of all even my Picky little sister loves it.
How to make it:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 apple minced
- 1/2 onion minced and sauteed in 1 Tablespoon of butter or ghee
- 1 handful spinach fresh or frozen, cut up and wilted with the onions
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sage
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon of ground flaxseed meal
- 1 Tablespoon of flour (rice, millet, quinoa according to type)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered kelp
- Assemble all of the ingredients into a loaf and bake at 350F for 1 hour, uncovered.
- For a potluck, I double the recipe but bake it the same time.