|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Jerusalem Artichoke Soup|
Something super to do with those beneficial Jerusalem artichokes.
How to make it:
- 1 pound of Jerusalem artichokes
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 4 Tablespoons butter (or oil)[or ghee]
- 2 leeks, the white part, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- sea salt
- 1 pound soft tofu (the silken type blends best)
- Scrub Jerusalem artichokes really well.
- You don't need to peel them if they are really scrubbed. Slice Jerusalem artichokes and toss with lemon juice.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add leeks, carrots, and Jerusalem artichokes.
- Cover and cook over low heat 20-25 minutes.
- Add 2-1/2 cups stock and pinch of salt, cover and cook 30 minutes longer.
- Puree with rest of stock and tofu.
- This can be put through a sieve if you don't want the bits but I like the texture).
- Return to pan and heat.
- Makes 4 servings.