|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
There’s a lot of good stuff to say about this porridge. It’s truly a whole foods recipe: you’re using cooked quinoa and simmering it with almond milk and blending it gently. It’s vegan. It’s gluten free. It’s full of protein. It’s warm and filling, but not quite as dense as oats. And it’s also delicious. Need I say more?
How to make it:
- 1-1/4 cups cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cups almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Dash salt
- Agave to taste
Toppings – Your choice!:
- Dried cranberries
- Pomegranate seeds
- Nuts, seeds
- Place cooked quinoa and almond milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and cook until the quinoa is absorbing liquid and is very creamy.
- Add cinnamon, salt and sweetener to taste.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the quinoa until it’s broken down and mostly smooth, but still a little textured.
- Serve Hot!
- Nutritionist’s Note: Served alone with fruit, this porridge may not provide you with enough protein, fat, and calories to make a complete breakfast meal (it all depends on your body and its needs).
- I’d definitely round it out with some nuts, or a tablespoon of nut butter.