|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Eggplant Pizza Crust|
|Contributed by: Kathleen||Added: Aug 24, 2011 at 12:06 AM|
Perfect base for your favorite pizza toppings.
How to make it:
- 1 lb shredded fresh eggplant (peeled or unpeeled, your choice)
- Sea salt
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 egg white
- Baking sheet with oil coated parchment paper
- Favorite pizza toppings
- Sprinkle eggplant with salt, roll up in clean kitchen towel and let sit for about an hour (I've done this the night before and left in 'fridge). Squeeze out excess moisture.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in bowl.
- Divide in two and, using your hands, form 'dough' into 1/4' thick rounds.
- Bake on prepared baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Discard parchment, flip over crusts onto sheet and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- Top with favorite toppings and bake for 10 minutes or heated to your taste.