|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Quinoa-Veggie Burger ( Compliantized from Chatelaine)|
|Contributed by: Debra+||Added: Jul 01, 2011 at 02:15 PM|
Saw this on the cover of Chatelaine yesterday and had all the ingredients to make it at home. For me...it made six nice sized burgers and once the grilled portobello mushroom was underneath it cut up and stayed together quite nicely. I made a few changes to keep it compliant. :) This looks like it could be a good one for the cooler on road trips. Next time I will change it up and use a few more spices.
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa(rinsed and drained)/about 2 cups cooked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil/ghee is what I used
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms, coarsely grated or stems from the portobello and two button mushrooms.
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 1 small shallot or green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 Tablespoon quinoa flour or arrowroot powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, omitting salt, about 14 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat a large, wide non-stick frying pan over medium. Add oil, mushrooms, zucchini, carrot, shallot and garlic.
- Cook until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add to quinoa.
- Stir in egg, arrowroot powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Heat the same non-stick frying pan over medium. Firmly press quinoa mixture into a 1/2 cup measuring cup.
- Turn and release into pan.
- Gently press to shape into a patty about 4 inches wide.
- Repeat, cooking two patties at a time.
- Cook until golden and warmed through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Top with Tahini sauce (or other compliant) condiment and roasted plum tomatoes (if permissible).