|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Chocolate Souffle - no dairy or gluten|
|Contributed by: Nina||Added: Jun 01, 2011 at 09:32 AM|
Simple and quick souffle - very filling and satisfying without dairy or grains!
How to make it:
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened [or other fat]
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of sugar [or other BTD compliant]
- 1/2 cup soy milk [or other BTD compliant milk]
- 2 large egg yolks
- 6 large egg whites**
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract [or other BTD compliant]
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using the butter, grease 6 (8-ounce) oven-proof, straight-sided coffee cups or ramekins.
- Place prepared coffee cups or ramekins in the refrigerator while you prepare the batter.
- In a large metal bowl, combine the cocoa powder and 1/3 of a cup of sugar.
- Heat milk in a small saucepan, just until scalded. Pour milk over cocoa and whisk until smooth and sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in egg yolks and vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer with the remaining sugar (about 1/6th cup) until stiff and glossy.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the chilled coffee cups or ramekins.
- Bake souffles until they are puffed and somewhat firm, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.