|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Italian Whole Bread for Bread Machine|
|Contributed by: Julieta Calamia||Added: May 27, 2011 at 03:24 PM|
It is JUST perfect! Rises well, great taste and normal texture (like wheat bread thanks to the millet flour!). This can work for O & B blood types and celiac people.
How to make it:
- 1-1/2 cups warm water
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Rapid Rise yeast
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons organic brown sugar
- 2-1/4 cup whole spelt flour
- 1 cup whole rice flour
- 1 cup whole millet flour
- Dissolve yeast into warm water rather than making it the last ingredient placed on top of the flour.
- Put that into the bread machine's bowl.
- Add oil, salt, sugar, flour into bread machine, all in that order.
- Bake on the 'shortest' baking cycle (between 1 and 2 hours cycle).
- As there is no gluten in these flours, there are certain procedures that need to be changed using a bread machine. The 'mix' and 'knead' settings tend to overmix the less glutinous spelt flour.
- When the beep sounds during the cycle, you can also add nuts, raisins or whatever you like.
- The bread can be stored in the fridge for one week or in the freezer.
- It is JUST Perfect!!!