|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Patience Pecoraro||Added: May 27, 2011 at 03:19 PM|
I'm always looking for recipes that are easy and blood type diet friendly. This is a great thing to take to parties or when you need a sweet little something.
How to make it:
- 2/3 cup light agave
- 6 egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Flour or other gluten free flour (only used to flour the pan with)
- 1 Tablespoon butter or neutral oil of your choice for the pan
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Butter and flour a baking sheet.
- In a glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until foamy using an electric mixer.
- Slowly add in agave a little at a time, while continuing to whip at medium speed.
- When the mixture becomes stiff and shiny like satin, stop mixing, and transfer the mixture to a large pastry bag.
- Pipe the meringue out onto the prepared baking sheet using a large round tip or star tip.
- Place the meringues in the oven and place a wooden spoon handle in the door to keep it from closing all the way.
- Bake for 3 hours, or until the meringues are dry, and can easily be removed from the pan.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before storing in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Yield: 54 Meringue Drops