|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Patience Pecoraro||Added: May 21, 2011 at 03:36 PM|
I realized how easy and cheap this was to make and really don't like the ingredients in Rice Dream. This recipe also makes a much more rich and creamy rice milk with more fiber since you keep some of the rice in it.
How to make it:
- 1 cup rice of your choice. I like brown but I've tried jasmine and basmati and they are super yummy.
- 8 cups of water
- salt to taste
- 4 Tablespoons agave nectar
- Bring water to a boil and add rice.
- Put lid on and simmer for 3 hours. When I used basmati or jasmine it only takes an hour.
- If you find that a lot of the water is evaporating even with the lid on you can add more hot water mid-way through.
- It will look really thick and soupy.
- Use cheese cloth and strain.
- Reserve half of the rice to blend with liquid. More or less depending on thickness desired.
- Add salt and agave and store in large mason jar.
- I use it for everything and find that it tastes much better than store bought any day.
- This recipe isn't an exact science and you will see that it's really hard to mess up.