|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Pasta Carbonara the healthy way|
|Contributed by: Freya||Added: May 05, 2011 at 05:54 AM|
A healthier interpretation of the famous Italian Spaghetti Carbonara recipe. The quantities listed are for 4-5 servings.
How to make it:
- 500 g of rice noodles or any other pasta made from 100% rice flour (if you want you can use just rice too)
- 150 g of lean beef
- 3 eggs
- 80 g of grated goat cheese (or pecorino cheese, if you are allowed)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- garlic and salt to taste
- Cut the beef into very small cubes (if you want you can use ground meat) and brown it in a pan with the olive oil until it gets slightly crunchy, then move it away from the fire. While the pan is still hot, add the chopped garlic and stir a little, then let it rest for a while.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the grated goat cheese.
- Cook the noodles in salt water.
- When the noodles are cooked, put them in the bowl with the eggs and goat cheese and add the browned beef with garlic. Add salt.
- Stir a little and serve immediately.