|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Black Bean Soup with Onion, Cilantro and Lime Salsa|
A main dish soup which can also be eaten by O's if they avoid the salsa topping and sour cream garnish. Can be frozen.
How to make it:
- 4 cups cooked black beans
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon spelt flour [or rice]
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, washed and stemmed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 3 Tablespoons light sour cream, stirred to thin
- Puree black beans and garlic in food processor, adding chicken broth as needed to help the blending.
- Put in saucepan and add the rest of the chicken broth, salt and thyme.
- Cook over low heat about 15 minutes, check for thickness of soup.
- If needed, mix the spelt flour with water and stir into soup.
- Continue cooking over low heat for 10 to 15 more minutes.
- Puree the cilantro, onion and lime juice in processor and process until very smooth.
- Place in small bowl.
- Place sour cream in small bowl, and serve both with the soup, to be spooned on top of each serving.
- Makes 4-6 servings.