|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Stewed Okra and Tomatoes|
|Contributed by: Maureen Miller||Added: May 03, 2011 at 00:21 AM|
Okra cooked with tomatoes and onions and served on toast or rice
How to make it:
- 1-1/2 lbs okra
- Sea Salt to taste
- juice of one lemon
- 2 small or 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup skinned, seeded tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons rice syrup or compliant substitute
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- Remove stems from okra.
- wash and drain and place in a dish.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and lemon juice (this prevents okra from splitting during cooking).
- Heat skillet, add oil and saute onions until lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, rice syrup and sea salt. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add okra to tomato mixture, placing them side by side.
- Cover the skillet and simmer 20-30 minutes or until okra are tender.
- Serve on gluten-free toast or brown rice.
- Serves 4-6