|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|No Tomato BBQ Sauce|
BBQ sauce for poultry or meat.
How to make it:
- 4-ounce jar pimientos, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red plum jam [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- thyme, pinch
- cumin, pinch
- oregano, pinch
- 1 teaspoon Blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- sea salt to taste
- Puree pimientos, onion and garlic in food processor or blender.
- Add to pot with all other ingredients.
- Stir over medium heat until well blended.
- Continue to cook and stir until desired consistency, it will continue to thicken.
- Makes about 3/4 cup of sauce.
- Store unused portion in the refrigerator in covered container.