|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Lee wang sung||Added: Feb 28, 2011 at 07:03 AM|
Ming soup is a traditional spicy Chinese soup with coconut milk. It can be prepared vegetarian or with chicken.
How to make it:
- Vegetable broth (for 3 liters of water)
- 250 grams of green beans
- 1 medium leek
- 1 Chinese cabbage
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 5 Tablespoons of chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of ginger powder
- 150 grams of cellophane noodles
- 500 grams tofu or 500 grams of chicken breast
- 300 ml of coconut milk
- 1 lime
- In a soup-pot bring the vegetable broth and water to a boil.
- Cut the leek and green beans into pieces and add them to the boiling soup.
- Add a table spoon of ginger powder and the garlic cloves.
- Let the soup boil for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile dice the chicken/tofu and spice it with salt, pepper and curry powder and pan-fry it.
- Boil the cellophane noodles for about a minute or two.
- Then cut them into pieces and add them to the soup.
- Now cut the Chinese cabbage into pieces and add this along with 5 tablespoons of chili sauce to the soup.
- Boil for a couple more minutes and serve the soup on a deep plate or bowl.
- Finally add some coconut milk, a couple of spoons of the diced chicken/tofu and a slice of lime.
- Add chopped parsley when served.