|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Jesi's Chocolate Chip Cookies|
|Contributed by: Jesi ||Added: Feb 09, 2011 at 12:51 AM|
Delicious, buttery, chocolaty and surprisingly chewy.There are countless variations you can do with this recipe! You just have to tweak it to your BT or GT.
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup ghee, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup agave
- 2 little packets stevia (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 cups almond flour/meal
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips -I use 'Enjoy Life'
- mashed banana
- carob chips
- Beat egg.
- Add agave and stevia (if using, if not add a little bit more agave) and mix.
- Mixing after each addition, add ghee, vanilla (I use Trader Joe's alcohol free), sea salt, baking soda, and chocolate chips.
- Add the almond meal/flour (I use Trader Joe's, but you can also make it at home with raw almonds in the food processor, or buy it at any health food store).
- *if using carob chips, either drop the Stevia, or the agave, or do maybe 1 packet Stevia + 1 Tablespoon agave. Carob chips are sweeter than chocolate chips.
- *You can use a mashed banana in place of the egg... I haven't tried it with this recipe yet but I do use it in my oatmeal cookies.
- Put dough in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes so it's easier to spoon them into the sheet (I recommend parchment paper).
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 8-10 minutes. They brown up quick so keep an eye on them!