|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Amaranth Gingerbread Muffin|
|Contributed by: MsRubyLu||Added: Jan 15, 2011 at 01:13 PM|
Very cake like muffin with a not sweet gingerbread flavor. Easily adapted for any bloodtype or Genotype.
How to make it:
- 1-1/4 cups quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder or equivalent
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup ghee or approved oil
- 2 cups liquid (milk,nut milk,water,yogurt and water)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- If using ghee, cut it in until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Combine eggs, milk, and molasses(add oil substitution here), then stir the liquids into the flour mixture.
- Bake in greased or papered muffin pan for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Makes about 1-1/2 dozen muffins.