|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Spanish Rice and Beans (Moro)|
|Contributed by: Consuelo D'Amore||Added: Jan 03, 2011 at 09:52 PM|
How to make it:
- 2 cups of Rice (your choice of rice)
- 1 16 ounce Can of bean (your choice of bean)
- 3 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 3-4 Garlic gloves minced
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Scallions (green onions) diced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon adobo (optional)
- dash of black pepper (optional)
- Heat up oil in your favorite rice pot.
- Add onion, scallions, cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, adobo, black pepper stirring constantly.
- Add Cilantro and tomato sauce stir for 1 minute.
- Add the beans, stir for one minute.
- Add water and bring to boil, then add the rice.
- Stir occasionally until the water is almost dried up. Cover the pot and set on low for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Stir and serve with your favorite meat or fish.