|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|No Tomato Pasta Sauce|
A red sauce for pasta that tastes very close to regular tomato based sauces.
How to make it:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 ounce jar pimientos, undrained
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sea salt to taste
- Pinch of sugar [or agave]
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat a few minutes, until onions soften.
- Add parsley and stir.
- Puree pimientos in food processor or blender.
- Add to pan with basil, oregano and salt and sugar. Add lemon juice starting at lower amount and taste, adding more if necessary.
- Simmer lightly until thickened.
- Serve over cooked spelt spaghetti or cappellini. Makes enough for 2 servings.