|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Gluten Free Almond Cookies|
|Contributed by: Chloe||Added: Dec 17, 2010 at 03:35 PM|
Gluten free, flourless cookie using ground almonds or almond flourfrom a package.
How to make it:
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
½ teaspoon finely ground sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup virgin coconut oil (or ghee or compliant oil)
5 Tablespoons agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, baking soda, sea salt & cinnamon.
- Melt coconut oil over low flame.
- Stir in agave nectar and vanilla.
- Stir wet into dry and mix well.
- Put dough in the fridge for about 15 minutes to chill.
- Roll a teaspoon at a time into ½-inch balls.
- Flatten into little disks about one eighth of an inch thick.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with unbleached parchment paper.
- Bake about 6 or 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool to room temp.
- Makes about 30.
These store well in an airtight glass container.