|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Soup|
|Contributed by: Paula (UK)||Added: Nov 29, 2010 at 03:06 PM|
I'm new to the Eat for your Type food plan and I hope you like this soup.
How to make it:
- 1 large cauliflower broken into florets
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 large white or yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 pints low salt vegetable stock
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- fat free yogurt/Quark
- pinch of paprika
- Preheat the oven to around 200 degrees or gas mark 7.
- Place cauliflower florets in a large freezer bag (it may be easier to do this in batches) add cumin, curry powder and toss around till well coated.
- Drizzle Olive oil in the roasting pan & add the dusted florets.
- Bake for around 15 mins till charred a little.
- Meanwhile, blitz the onions & garlic in a food processor, then soften them in a pan in a little of the stock for around 5 mins.
- Add the roasted cauliflower to the pan, cover with stock and bring to the boil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and continue to cook until cauliflower is tender.
- Check seasoning.
- Puree & serve garnished with snipped chives.
If you want to add extra richness to this soup you can place a rounded teaspoon of fat free yogurt on the top & a sprinkle of paprika