|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Bernadine||Added: Nov 18, 2010 at 10:05 PM|
Italian tomato and mozzarella salad with fresh basil - a perfect summer side dish or appetizer.
How to make it:
- 1 large or 2 medium garden tomatoes (or 3-4 romas)
- 1/2 fresh mozzarella ball (about 4 oz.)
- 3-4 leaves fresh basil
- 1-2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- other herb or salt and pepper
- 1-2 Tablespoon olive oil
- Slice tomatoes in 1/4 inch slices and spread onto plate or serving dish in one or two layers.
- Slice mozzarella similarly or in small chunks, but about half the size of the tomato slices and place on top of tomatoes either haphazardly or one per tomato.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over tomatoes and cheese.
- Cut basil leaves into 1/2 inch pieces and sprinkle evenly over top of tomatoes and cheese.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Serves 4.