|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Rodney||Added: Nov 03, 2010 at 09:11 AM|
This recipe is simple and versatile, adjust for your blood type and enjoy fresh baked apples. Add cranberries or other fruit of your choice.
How to make it:
- 4 cups peeled, cored and cubed apples (try a mix of granny smith, red delicious and others)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour + 2 Tablespoons (wheat, oat or compliant for your BT)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract depending on BT.
- 1/3 cup butter (or ghee) softened
- 1/2 cups slivered almonds (any compliant nuts will do)
- Wash, peel, core and cube apples in larger bite size pieces.
- In a bowl, mix apples with extract, 1-2 Tablespoons flour and depending on how tart the apples are, a couple Tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- Place apple mixture in a prepared [oiled or greased] pan 8x8x2 or what you have. I prefer the apples to be several inches thick so the apples don't cook to fast and get mushy.
- Mix butter (or ghee) with the sugar, flour of your choice, nuts and spices and place on the apples.
- Bake in the oven 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until the apples are fork tender.
- Start checking after 30 minutes and if browning to soon, cover loosely with foil.