|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Hearty Chili with Cannellini Beans|
|Contributed by: Wholefoodie||Added: Oct 13, 2010 at 08:34 PM|
A Hearty Chili made with beef and Cannellini Beans
How to make it:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped fine (added later)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained
- cayenne pepper to taste if more heat is desired
- Heat olive oil in a large pot and saute onions until soft and tender.
- Add oregano and cumin and stir.
- Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Stir in chili powder, salt, cocoa, bay leaves and cinnamon.
- Add crushed tomatoes, broth and chopped green bell pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 45 minutes.
- Add the beans and simmer until heated through.
If the beef is fatty, I skim off the fat as it cooks. It is spicy enough for us with the 1/4 cup chili powder but if you like a lot of heat, add cayenne. You can add toppings be we like it just as is. Great leftovers, freezes well.