|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Chicken and Wild Rice Soup|
How to make it:
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon dill weed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 1-1/2 cups white rice
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken (may use turkey)
- 3 cups sliced BTD appropriate mushrooms
- Melt ghee in large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add celery, carrots, garlic, and onions and cook until slightly softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in dillweed, bay leaves, and tumeric.
- Add chicken stock, white and wild rice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes, adding more stock if soup is too thick.
- Add chicken and mushcrooms.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Heat soup gently, do not boil.
- Serve immediately.