|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Beet Greens and Feta Pasta|
A quick and easy pasta dish featuring beneficial beet greens!
How to make it:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 pounds beet greens, washed, ribs removed, and coarsely chopped, about 11 cups
- 1 pound penne rice pasta or BTD compliant pasta [check for avoids]
- 5 ounces crumbled feta
- sea salt, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until vegetables are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add beet greens and cook until just wilted, about 3 minutes. Season well with salt.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Add pasta and reserved liquid to the beet green mixture and place over low heat.
- Sprinkle in crumbed feta. Stir until thoroughly combined and heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!