|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Turkey Ricotta/Paneer Burgers with Caramelized Onions|
|Contributed by: Brighid45||Added: Aug 31, 2010 at 01:10 PM|
This is a great way to make a moist delicious turkey burger that tastes good hot or cold. Homemade paneer works very well in this recipe. Use a BTD compliant substitute
How to make it:
- 1 tablespoon ghee or butter
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1-20 ounce pkg ground turkey
- 1/2 cup paneer OR gum-free ricotta
- 1 3/4 teaspoon wheat-free tamari sauce
- 1 3/4 teaspoon wheat/vinegar-free prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon light olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- romaine lettuce leaves
- Sautee the onion rings in the ghee/butter over low heat about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and soft.
- Set aside.
- Mix the ground turkey gently with the ricotta, tamari, mustard, and salt and pepper (don't overmix or the meat will be dry and tough).
- Divide into 4 equal patties.
- Flatten the patties and fry over medium-low heat in the olive oil until well-browned.
- Remove from skillet and set aside for a few minutes.
- Crumble the feta cheese and stir together with the mayonnaise to make a chunky sauce.
- Top the burgers with the onions and cheese sauce,
- Wrap in a romaine lettuce leaf if desired in place of a bun, and enjoy!