|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread|
|Contributed by: joyfulheart||Added: Aug 30, 2010 at 07:30 AM|
Yields 1 nice tall loaf suitable for slicing for sandwiches and toast.
How to make it:
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar [or lemon juice]
- 1/4 cup olive oil and/or clarified butter [ghee]
- 1/4 cup honey or date sugar
- 1-1/2 cups warm milk (almond) [use BTD compliant]
- 1 heaping teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- 1 Tablespoon powdered egg whites (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon xanthan gum [not in Typebase, but xanthan gum is assumed to be an avoid]
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1/2 cup ground flax meal or almond meal
- 1 cup sorghum flour [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 3 cups white rice flour
- 1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
- warm water for yeast
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Fahrenheit and turn the oven off. This will heat the oven just warmly enough to proof your dough.
- Prepare your bread pan by smearing it with ghee and lining it with silicone parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a small separate bowl start the yeast by adding to it ½ cup of warm water and a pinch of table sugar or honey.
- While the yeast gets foamy (5 minutes), combine all other wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the foamy yeast into the wet ingredients and mix into the dry ingredients.
- Stir to combine well. The bread dough will be extremely stiff. This is perfect.
- Scoop it into your lined bread pan.
- Set in oven to rise for 1/2 hour or to desired height.
- (Optional – sprinkle top of loaf with oatmeal, chia seeds, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, or flax meal before baking.)
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour. Test for doneness with a toothpick or wooden bbq skewer – it should come out clean.