|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Zucchini Bread -- gluten-free, egg-free|
|Contributed by: Ribbit||Added: Jul 17, 2010 at 09:03 AM|
You can add a topping to this bread by mixing cinnamon, sweetener of choice, ghee and rice flour (and nuts!) together into a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle on top before baking. Cinnamon and raisins are optional in recipe.
How to make it:
- 2 cups millet or rice flour
- 2 cups golden flax meal
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup liquid sweetener (I use frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Spray or rub two loaf pans with oil or ghee.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Combine all liquid ingredients.
- Put raisins and squash here also.
- Stir quickly together and pour into loaf pans.
- Bake 60-70 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pans (this will be difficult to do, as you will want to slice it immediately and slather it with ghee).
- If you slice it too soon the center will still be mushy.