|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Coyote-O Bean Salad|
This is my attempt to 'clone' the Coyote Bean Salad from Harry's Fresh Market in Atlanta.
How to make it:
- 6 cups cooked beans or 4 cans beans of your choice, drained and rinsed. (I used pinto, black eye and Cuban black beans)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced fine
- 1 can diced green chiles, drained
- 4 Tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (scant)
- Drain beans and rinse.
- Drain canned chiles.
- Dice tomato, bell pepper and jalapeno.
- Slice green onion and red onion very thin.
- Rough chop cilantro leaves.
- Make dressing with oil, lemon juice, seasoned salt, cumin and garlic salt.
- Combine beans and vegetables.
- Pour dressing over and toss lightly so as not to break beans, just enough to coat beans and vegetables.
This is a little zippy, you might want to go easy on the jalapeno and red onion. Serve over a leaf of romaine lettuce for garnish, if you wish.