|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
A really good soup that can be easily adapted for all blood types.
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled ginger root
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter [or ghee]
- 3/4 pound parsnips, peeled and sliced (2 cups)
- 2 cups chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- nutmeg to taste
- Add dairy to make this a bisque, optional
- In saucepan cook onions, garlic, ginger, carrot, celery and thyme with butter (or ghee) over moderate/low heat.
- Stir until onion is softened.
- Add parsnips and broth (or water) and bring to a boil.
- Lower to simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes till vegetables are tender.
- Puree soup in blender.
- If adding dairy, then blend in now.
- Return to pan, season with nutmeg, and thin with water if necessary.
- Makes 3 cups or about 2 servings.