|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Mexican Chopped Salad|
|Contributed by: Lori M.||Added: Jul 06, 2010 at 09:29 PM|
This is an adaptation of a salad recipe I found online. I'm Blood Type A, so I used corn, but left out tomatoes, but with a little tweaking this could be adapted to AB as well.
How to make it:
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- ½ cup green or kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 crunchy apple, cored and diced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 cooked chicken breast halves, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ears fresh or frozen cob corn, thawed
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- Heat a stove-top grill pan or griddle with a little olive oil and set over medium-high heat to preheat.
- Place corn on hot pan and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown on all sides, turning frequently.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- When cool enough to handle, slice kernels from cob.
- Transfer kernels to a large bowl and add beans, olives, apple, green onions, and cilantro.
- Toss to combine.
- Combine olive oil, honey, cumin, lime juice, and mustard.
- Combine dressing and salad, reserving a bit of dressing for the lettuce.
- Divide lettuce between four plates and top with chopped salad.
- Add avocado, chicken, or cheese if desired.