|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Samantha S||Added: Jul 06, 2010 at 10:33 AM|
Fennel is one of my favorite vegetables and this dish really shows off its crisp sweetness and subtle licorice flavors.
How to make it:
- fennel bulb
- juice and zest from half a lemon
- spoonful of honey (optional)
- few splashes of olive oil
- toasted pine nuts
- sprinkle or two of sea salt
- Cut the shoots from the fennel and discard, reserving a good handful of green fronds.
- Chop these and toss them into a bowl.
- Peel the fennel bulbs, halve, core, and slice paper-thin, using a mandolin if you have one.
- Add to the bowl.
- Grate over the zest.
- Squeeze lemon juice over, to taste.
- Add the pine nuts.
- Drizzle over oil, to taste.
- Season with sea salt.
- Toss, taste and adjust the seasonings, and serve immediately.