|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Monkfish with Hazelnuts, Almonds and Garlic|
This recipe comes from the archives, Volume 3, and it was posted by Colby.
How to make it:
- 1 (4-5 pound) monkfish tail, bone in, skin and membrane removed
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (divided into 2--1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus 6 tablespoons
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Cut monkfish into 7 to 8 (1 inch) pieces with bone in.
- Set aside.
- In a blender, mix together almonds, hazelnuts, 6 cloves garlic, 1/4 cup parsley and 1/4 cup oil.
- Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Heat 6 tablespoons oil in a 12 inch saute' pan.
- Season fish pieces and place in pan.
- Cook until golden brown on one side and then turn.
- Add tomatoes, wine and hazelnut mixture, and stir together.
- Bring to a boil and then lower heat.
- Cook until monkfish is cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add remaining parsley and serve.
- Yield: 4 servings as a main course