|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Lemony Lentil Soup|
|Contributed by: Diana||Added: May 24, 2010 at 06:47 PM|
This a tasty, lemon laced lentil soup..easy to digest and very filling...It contains potatoes for those who can have them. We others can sub butternut squash or acorn squash or pumpkin if desired..
How to make it:
- 1 1/2 cups lentils
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 1 large potato or same amount of squash
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped,cilantro or parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- Rinse lentils, combine with stock and bring to a simmer. Peel potato and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add to soup, simmer 20 mins.
- Slice chard to remove spine in leaves and then chop chard and add to soup, cover and continue simmering until lentils are tender(about 20 more mins).
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, cook onion in oil until soft and golden.
- Add to onion 1/3 cup cilantro along with garlic and cook 2 mins.
- Add onion mixture to soup during last 5 mins.
- Stir in sea salt to taste, pepper, coriander, cumin and lemon juice.
- Garnish soup with lemon slices.
- Makes 6 1 2/3 cup servings