|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Lisa's Luscious Lemongrass Soup|
|Contributed by: Brighid45||Added: May 22, 2010 at 09:48 AM|
Lisa Edelstein offered this recipe for a vegetarian soup in the June 2010 issue of Prevention. It's fabulous! Any avoid or problem ingredients can easily be switched out for something more beneficial or for what you have on hand. Feel free to experiment. Give this soup a try, it's even better the next day!
How to make it:
- small amount of olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh lemongrass
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 heaping teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 small sweet potato, chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 heaping teaspoon red barley miso paste
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Add the shallot and saute until tender.
- Add the fresh lemongrass and garlic.
- Let it saute until fragrant.
- Add the red curry paste and mix.
- Place everything in a food processor or blender and puree until it's a paste, then put it back in the pot.
- Add the vegetable stock, the sweet potato, carrot, and red bell pepper.
- Simmer until the vegetables soften.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower.
- Cover and simmer until everything softens, adding water if necessary to cover the vegetables.
- Add the kale.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pot, and let the kale cook in the steam. (Be careful not to overcook the vegetables.)
- Dissolve the miso paste in some of the hot stock in a separate pot.
- Add to the main pot, stir, and serve.
- Add more vegetable stock or water if you like a more liquid soup.