|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Best Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread|
|Contributed by: joyfulheart||Added: May 09, 2010 at 08:49 PM|
Bean flours are hard to find - you may make your own using a blender or suitable grinder ahead of time. Texture is spot on, pleasant flavor - you'd swear it's wheat but it's better, not bitter - good rise!
How to make it:
- 1 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup almond or soy milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil (or ghee)
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon molasses (or compliant sweetener)
- 2 teaspoons soya lecithin (or other compliant lecithin)
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup white or canellini bean flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup golden flax meal (or compliant flour)
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon honey (or compliant sugar for yeast)
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- Mix together warm water, yeast and honey.
- Set aside until foamy.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine remaining wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add yeast mixture.
- Add dry to the wet, beating hard for about a minute. You will see the batter change and become smooth.
(Consistency needs to be right: batter that is too thick will not rise - too thin it will rise and then fall. If it looks like a too-thick cake batter then it is probably just about right!)
- Line the bottom of the pan with wax paper, lightly oil the pan.
- Gluten-free baking tends to stick more than regular wheat flour.
- To rise put the pan in the oven with the oven light on....and cover the pan with a towel.
- Let rise for about an hour until loaves round over the top of the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350'F - or until tops are nicely browned.
- This recipe makes one regular size loaf.