|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sweet Potato Muffins|
How to make it:
- 2 cups mashed sweet potato (about 2 sweet potatoes)
- 2 cups compliant flour (amaranth, kamut, brown rice)
- 2 cups almond meal (or flax seed meal)
- 1 cup vegetable glycerine
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter or ghee
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice (or cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil sweet potatoes for 25 to 30 minutes (poke with fork or knife to judge softness).
- Drain the sweet potatoes in a colander and peel when cool enough (but not cold).
- Put the sweet potatoes back in the pot they were boiled in and mash.
- Combine sweet potatoes, vegetable glycerin, butter, and eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add nuts if desired and mix well.
- Spoon into muffins pans and bake for 40-50 minutes (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean).
- Cool in pans to room temperature.