|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
How to make it:
- 2 cups quinoa flour (you can substitute your favorites)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup canned pumpkin [substitute compliant squash puree]
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract (or other flavor)
- 1 Tablespoon molasses (optional)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries and 1/2 cooking liquid
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup applesauce (or oil)
- 2 egg whites (optional)
- Spices to taste: cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin tins and spray with nonstick.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add 1/2 water to the cranberries, cover and microwave about 3-4 minutes until they pop.
- In separate bowl, blend the cranberry and water mixture with the rest of wet ingredients.
- Add to dry mixture and blend well.
- Pour into 12 muffin tins and bake for 10-15 minutes until puffy and browned.