|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Gluten Free Ginger Snaps|
Ginger Snap Cookies - Gluten Free
How to make it:
- ghee to grease cookie sheet
- 1-1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Brown Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger root (powdered)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (substitute compliant spice such as clove)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup honey (substitute compliant sweetener such as agave nectar)
- 3 Tablespoons molasses
- granulated sugar for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a cookie sheet with ghee or line with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl mix together the flour, spices and salt.
- Add the sweetener and molasses and stir together. This will make a stiff dough.
- Work it until it forms a ball.
- Dampen your hands and pinch off small sections and roll into 3/4 inch balls.
- Place these 3 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Press each flat (1/4 inch thick) with the bottom of a wet glass dipped in granulated sugar (omit sugar for non-secretors).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, not longer, these brown only slightly.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately.
- Yield: 2 dozen 1-1/2 inch cookies.