|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Eyren Mills||Added: Apr 08, 2010 at 04:17 PM|
Surprise, because it varies depending upon what veggies I have in the house and how much seasoning I throw in. May substitute bison with grass fed beef, turkey or chicken. I use organic vegetables and spices. Rice may be omitted. Makes 4 -6 servings.
How to make it:
- 1-1/2 pounds ground grass fed bison (or beef, turkey, or chicken)
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 pack oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes or 1 can diced, salt free tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white rice, basmati works well
- Prepare rice and ingredients.
- Lightly saute onion, garlic, bell peppers, and broccoli in olive oil over med to med-high heat.
- Add Italian seasoning.
- Add chunks of the meat and brown while breaking up into smaller pieces with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Add cumin and cayenne over chunks of meat.
- Add mushrooms and squash by folding in.
- Add tomatoes, folding in.
- Add spinach, turn heat to lowest setting and cover until rice is done.
- Serve over rice.