|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Explorer Nut Butter|
|Contributed by: Ribbit||Added: Mar 29, 2010 at 07:13 PM|
Explorers need a substitution for peanut butter and almond butter. A Vita-Mix or other powerful grinder is necessary to make it. You might be able to make a coarse version with a food processor, and it would still be great mashed into snack bars or spread on a rice cake.
How to make it:
- 3 cups raw pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons carob powder
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2-4 Tablespoons honey or other compliant sweetener
- Put all ingredients in Vita-Mix (or food processor).
- Process, tamping down as necessary, until smooth.
- Transfer to glass jar and store in fridge.