|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: joyfulheart||Added: Mar 25, 2010 at 09:25 PM|
A pretty one-dish-meal - protein/veggie combo appropriate for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Great for parties and pot lucks, too.
How to make it:
- Olive Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Leeks - 2, whites only, thinly sliced
- Eggs, 12, beaten
- Asparagus tips, blanched
- Spinach, 2 cooked cups with water squeezed out (18 oz. raw = 2 cups cooked)
- Parsley or Basil - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Goat Cheese - 4 oz. crumbled
- Goat Jack style cheese or Parmesan or other beneficial cheese - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon or omit
- Pepper, Ground Black - 1/4 teaspoon or omit
- Preheat oven to 350
- Saute leeks in olive oil about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- All veggies should be cooled after they are prepared.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well!
- Prepare a springform pan with oil and an approved flour to prevent sticking.
- Use olive oil dusted with cornmeal.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until solid to the touch and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Loosen around the edge with a knife.
- Invert the frittata onto a serving plate and remove sides and base of springform pan and flip right side up onto another serving plate - or - remove the sides of the springform pan and transfer onto serving plate.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature.