|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sardine pate - like smoked salmon spread|
|Contributed by: Ginny W||Added: Mar 13, 2010 at 11:07 PM|
Delicious for an appetizer or lunch. We eat it spread on RyVita crisp bread or the German flat rye bread that comes in packages that look like bricks. You can use whatever BT compliant cracker type 'bread' you like.
How to make it:
- One can sardines packed in extra virgin oil
- 2 oz soft goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kelp flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped roasted red pepper
- Dump fish and oil in flat soup bowl.
- Mash well with fork.
- Add kelp flakes and salt.
- Stir in freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Add enough goat cheese to make smooth paste 3 oz max.
- Add onion and pimento or pepper.
- Mix well.
- Spread on whatever flat bread or cracker you wish.
- Serves 2 for lunch - several for an appetizer.