|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Asian Flavors Warrior Tempeh|
|Contributed by: Andrea AWsec||Added: Mar 11, 2010 at 12:07 AM|
Boiling the tempeh gets rid of the bitterness and beany flavor. Even if you have not had success with enjoying tempeh in the past, give this a try.
How to make it:
- 1 package of Tempeh sliced in half and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup Tamari ( Wheat free soy sauce)
- 1 clove of Garlic or more if you want
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ground Ginger or more
- Juice of half a lemon or more
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Boil a pot of water.
- Slice tempeh in half then into bite size pieces.
- Once water is boiling drop tempeh in and set timer for 5 minutes.
- While the tempeh is boiling get your marinade ready.
I like to use a glass container, rather then plastic. Drain the tempeh, add to the marinade and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Every time you open the fridge shake the container to move the marinade around.
- Cook briefly in a skillet to heat and brown a bit.
- Serve over rice or other grain.