|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Millet Flax Bread|
|Contributed by: Karen Johnstone||Added: Feb 28, 2010 at 01:13 AM|
Better alternative to cornbread, this is very filling and great by itself or with your fav bean soup ladled over it. B's (me) can use milk or buttermilk, others use water or get creative?
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup white spelt flour
- 1 1/4 cup millet meal (flour)
- 1/4 cuo golden flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia OR 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 Tablespoon Agave nectar or more
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup milk, buttermilk, or water
- 3 oz light olive oil
- 1 oz flaxseed oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- Stir the oils together into the mix.
- When evenly mixed, add wet ingredients and whisk quickly.
- Pour into greased pan (9x9) or similar size and bake for 5-10 minutes
- Turn heat down to 300F until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Run knife or spatula around edges to loosen
- Cut and serve when it has cooled to a safe temp.