|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Beef in a Bag|
This is the closest recipe to 'meat and potatoes' that an 'O' can have!
How to make it:
- 1 aluminum foil 'hot bag'
- olive oil cooking spray
- 6 lbs. boneless striploin roast or any lean roasting beef
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 or 2 onions, peeled and chunked
- garlic if you wish
- 1 lb. turnips, peeled and chunked (more, if it fits in the bag)
- Open the 'hot bag' wide. Spray the inside of the bag lightly with cooking spray
- Place beef inside bag, sprinkle salt over
- Add onion and garlic
- Seal bag tightly and place on grill or in oven according to instructions included with box
- After HALF of cooking time, open bag and add turnips
- Seal bag and resume cooking. On my grill total cooking time was 1 1/2 hours on lowest setting. Watch closely the first time you do this so it doesn't burn! I used parsnips but would not again as their flavor was too strong for me in this dish. Might try kohlrabi or carrots next time. Choose turnips that are smooth, firm and of small or medium size. The resulting au jus from this recipe is drizzled over the sliced meat just before serving.
- You may want to thicken it with arrowroot, but we don't feel it necessary.
- This is good folks!