|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Tuna Casserole from Scratch|
|Contributed by: Diane||Added: Feb 05, 2010 at 08:43 PM|
This is definitely NOT your mother's tuna casserole! If you're avoiding gluten, feel free to substitute appropriate pasta for your blood type.
How to make it:
- 13 ounces penne pasta (gluten free, if applicable)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons flour (blood type appropriate)
- water as needed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 12 ounce can of tuna packed in water (drained)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 3 T bread crumbs (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (or veggie cheese, as appropriate)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare penne pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in medium skillet.
- Add chopped onion and garlic.
- Saute until translucent.
- Add mushrooms.
- Continue to cook.
- When mushrooms are golden brown, add vegetable broth.
- Add fresh basil.
- In small bowl, mix flour with water to create a smooth paste.
- Add to mushroom mixture.
- Continue to cook over medium heat as sauce thickens.
- In large bowl, combine penne pasta, mushroom gravy and flaked tuna.
- Stir with large spoon to mix well.
- Transfer mixture to 9 x 12 baking pan.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes.