|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Susan Robinson-Baraboo, WI||Added: Feb 05, 2010 at 07:04 AM|
This is the prettiest side salad one could have on their plate. Enjoy! Can be chilled and served as a side salad or warmed and served as a side dish.
How to make it:
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1/2 cup purple onion (chopped)
- 1 cup beets (chopped)
- 1 cup carrots (chopped)
- 1 cup broccoli (small florettes)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (Unsulfured), dried cranberries or currants may be substituted.
- 1 cup fresh spinach (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh arugula (chopped)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon apricot preserves (made only from fruit juice)or preserves for your blood type.
- Wash arugula and spinach and set aside to dry
- slightly steam vegetables (set aside)
- cook quinoa
- In a large mixing bowl add these ingredients:
- quinoa (cooked)
- apricot preserves (melted)
- Stir all ingredients together
- Cut spinach and arugula in 1/2'' to 1'' pieces and put on a dinner plate.
- Scoop with an ice cream scoop and place two scoops of quinoa salad on top of greens, serve and enjoy. :)