|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Meat Eater’s Veggie Burger|
|Contributed by: nowishow - Connie||Added: Feb 01, 2010 at 06:28 PM|
OK it's mostly meat and very little veggies. But, it's still very yummy.
How to make it:
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 leaf Swiss Chard (or other leafy green) finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic – finely chopped
- Ghee and Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper (I use Cayenne)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Divide beef into eight equal parts.
- Flatten each into a thin flat round.
- Top four of the patties with a little of the greens and garlic, dot with some ghee and season with salt and pepper.
- Top each with one of the four remaining patties, press the edges together to seal.
- Cut onion into thin slices while heating a large skillet on medium low.
- Sauté the onions in ghee and/or Olive oil until done to your specifications, caramelize the onions about 20 minutes.
- Remove onions and turn the heat up to medium high add more Ghee and/or Olive Oil.
- Add burgers and cook on each side until done.
- Top with the cooked onions.
- Serve with sweet potato fries and raw or cooked carrots.