|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Guilt Free Guacamole ( Asparagus )|
|Contributed by: Kris Arrieta||Added: Jan 31, 2010 at 05:57 PM|
Yummy alternative to avocados.
How to make it:
- 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup salsa (check ingredients)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large pan (preferably non-stick), combine the asparagus with 1/2 cup of water and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, until the asparagus is tender but crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and run under cold water to cool and stop the cooking process.
- In a food processor, blitz the asparagus, salsa, cilantro and garlic.
- Add the scallions, and pulse several times until chunky/smooth (as you prefer).
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Refrigerate, covered, until chilled, about 1 hour.